NATIONAL COMPANY WILL BE CREATED to develop tourism in Kazakhstan
Big changes are expected in Kazakh tourism in the coming years. For the purpose of tourism development, a national company is planned to be created which will will promote and advertise unique cultural and historical places of the country. A special concept for the development of the tourist industry includes measures to help make the country recognizable throughout the world. According to statistics, 90% of all tourists coming to Kazakhstan are citizens of states that are located in relative or close proximity to the country. Therefore, the new concept of development of tourism targets the countries like Russia, India, China and Iran.
ASKAR BATALOV, KAZAKH VICE MINISTER OF CULTURE AND SPORTS:
- We have identified specific countries where we will conduct a promotional work. The countries are on the 4-hour approach.
Kazakhstan is a huge and unexplored territory in the eyes of foreign tourists. For greater attractiveness of the country, the ministry has developed a Sacred Map of Kazakhstan which includes more than one hundred unique cultural and historical sites.
More than 3 million people visited the Baikonur Cosmodrome last year. The Burabai resort and the Alakol Lake can receive the same amount of tourists.
The latter expects approximately 700 thousand tourists this summer. The number of tourists has doubled comparing to last year. Local authorities note that the increase of tourists is connected with the international exhibition which is taking place in Astana. The regional budget allocated 500 million tenge for landscaping of the coast.
ZHENIS ZHURSIMBAYEV, PROJECT COORDINATOR:
- We carefully inspected all the surrendering facilities in the past 10 days and we intend to commission another 80 facilities. Recently, instead of the old market, we built a modern shopping pavilion.
Rresting on the lake is not only comfortable, but also safe. 80 video surveillance cameras have been installed along the coast. Five police stations and two emergency rooms are on duty near the resort houses. Tourists have already noticed the changes.
VLADIMIR BAZHIN, TOURIST, RUSSIA:
- I’m very impressed and everything is magnificent. Weather is wonderful, nature and water are very good, too. These are all you need for good rest.
SERGEY DAVYDOV, ENTREPRENEUR, RUSSIA:
- Last and this year statistics show that the influx of Chinese and Russian tourists is increasing every year.
Over the past three years, tourists of the Lake Balkhash increased by 2.5 times. It received 33,000 people last year. Two new recreation centers were built on the coast of the Lake Balkhash. Increased number of tourists contributes to the development of the infrastructure.
TATYANA ABLAYEVA, SPOKESPERSON, GOVERNOR’S OFFICE, KARAGANDA REGION:
- We see the increase of accommodation places and guest houses. The level of quality increases and the level of service is growing. Therefore, we are waiting for the next year. Tourism will give impetus to the development of this region.
Kazakhstan is removing barriers for the development of tourism. Today, citizens of more than 60 states can enter Kazakhstan without an entry visa. Kazakhstan is also trying to attract the transit flow.
ZHENIS KASSYMBEK, KAZAKH MINISTER FOR INVESTMENTS AND DEVELOPMENT:
- What can a transit passenger give? Every transit passenger spends at least US$600 including a transport component and the cost of the ticket. In addition, a passenger spends a minimum of US$250 in Kazakhstan.
The main goal of the government’s measures is to increase the share of tourism to 8% in the country's GDP by 2025. In the near future, the industry can become one of the driving forces of Kazakhstan's economy.