Foreign demand for Kazakhstani products

Foreign demand for Kazakhstani products

Industrial enterprises of Kazakhstan continue to increase the export capacities. Domestic companies have started supplying their products to the markets of neighboring countries - Russia, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Iran and China. The management of the Stepnogorsk Bearing Plant want to further expand its export line. For this purpose, the company has taken on a large-scale modernization. According to the top management, the measures have improved the quality of products and the enterprise’s equipment.

 

ANDREY SHENNIKOV, DEPUTY DIRECTOR, STEPNOGORSK BEARING PLANT:

The project capacity is 72,000 bearings per year. The production totals 1,833 billion tenge. Our plans are the most optimistic, especially as our main customer Russian railways has increased orders for railway bearings. We have good volumes for spherical production that includes bearings for mining enterprises. The main consumer is Russia- covering 90% of our demandand the remaining 10% accounts for the internal markets of Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Belarus.

 

The company has not only optimized the production facilities, but also created nearly 100 new jobs.

 

A modern mining complex is preparing to launch in Almaty region. It is located in Tekeli town and will produce iron. Steelmakers are planning to launch production ahead of the Independence Day. Construction of the new production was launched five years ago. Currently, commissioning works are well underway.

 

Vladimir BORISENKO, DEPUTY HEAD OF TECHNOLOGY:

The project is a niche, it is focused on developing our own raw materials. There is a Bapy mine. With regard to cast iron, there are consumers in Kazakhstan.

 

The first stage of construction was the reconstruction of the processing plant. Currently, enriched iron concentrate is being provided to ensure the smooth operation of the blast furnace. In the next years, the second blast furnace will be installed. Then the capacity of the enterprise will reach nearly half a million tons of cast iron per year. Tekeli cast iron will be supplied to Pavlodar Pipe Rolling Plant. Later exports will be delivered to Russia and China.

 

 

 

Photo: Kursiv.kz