The Abai State Opera and Ballet Theater performed in Rome
The Abai State Opera and Ballet Theater performed in Rome. The concert was organized as part of the Modernization of Public Consciousness program with the support of the Kazakh Ministry of Culture and the Kazakh Embassy to Italy.
The symphony from ‘The Steppe Legend’ ballet by Tles Kazhgaliyev opened a concert. Artists of the theater prepared works of great composers for the Roman public. Excerpts from the world-famous masterpieces of opera and ballet including The Nutcracker, Swan Lake, Cinderella, Carmen, and the Abai opera were staged.
ANDREY TREGUBENKO, HONORED WORKER OF KAZAKHSTAN:
- There is no excitement. We perform to enjoy the process on stage. We hope that our joy will reach a viewer and in return we will receive ovations. This is an eternal circle!
Headed by maestro Askar Buribayev, the orchestra made the audience to feel surprised for many times. The spectators gave standing ovations.
ASKAR BURIBAYEV, ART DIRECTOR, ABAI STATE OPERA AND BALLET THEATER:
- These are masterpieces of the world opera and ballet. Therefore, all this is known and heard in Rome. It is a great responsibility to give a concert at a high level and show that Kazakhstan is one of the countries of culture. I think that regarding the classical music we entered the list of the 30 countries. It is our president's wish that we enter the list of the 30 developed countries, but I think that in classical music, particularly, in opera and ballet, we might be already there.
The oldest state opera and ballet theater in Kazakhstan, the Abai Theatre gained fame for its excellent performance overseas and the delighted Italian audience proves this.
ADA ANCILLA, SPECTATOR:
- Today I’ve seen that conductors live by music! They made instruments to sing! Everything was harmonious and performed at the highest level. What a wonderful world choreography and costumes! Then I noticed how gracefully bow your artists. Not like ours!
MAURO COTTI, SPECTATOR:
- A wonderful orchestra, beautiful voices: tenors, baritones and soprano. The music is amazing! I should say that it was a truely beautiful evening!
MAKSIM SKOBAREV, SPECTATOR:
- This is one of the best concerts that we could see in Rome recently. We want these magnificent artists to perform in Italy more often. It was interesting to hear not only the classical music like the operas by Italian, French and Russian composers, but also the music by composers from Kazakhstan.
From Rome the troupe of the Abai State Opera and Ballet Theater heads to the Italian cities of Fermo and Eze.