All information about the sacred places of Kazakhstan can be found on the website of Modernization of public consciousness program
All information about the sacred places of Kazakhstan can be found on the website of Modernization of public consciousness program. As experts say, the information database is growing rapidly. The resource has hundreds of materials about the sacred places of Kazakhstan, traditions of all ethnic groups living on its territory, cultural achievements of the modern state and lots of other useful information. The Sacral Map of the Eastern Kazakhstan includes 40 objects of the region. Abai district and the complex Zhidebai attract thousands of tourists. Moreover, the guests are not only interested in the house museum, but also in the surrounding areas, in particular, the cave Konyr aulie, which is famous for its healing spring.
DANIAL AKHMETOV, GOVERNOR OF EAST KAZAKHSTAN REGION:
- We are preparing a serious scientific justification for such sacred places as Konyraulie. In addition, new routes are being studied and prepared, which are interesting both from a scientific and a literary point of view. Konyraulie is connected with Shakarim and the great Abai, and Mukhtar Auezov. The city of Semey can tell a lot about Dostoevsky, and also Abai, Shemonaikha district -about Ivanov.
These places will become the basis of the new project named "Literary belt of East Kazakhstan". The Sacral Map of the region includes other objects. The sacred mountain Belukha, the royal valleys of Berel and Shilikty. Ablai-Kit Buddhist monastery is also being studied in the region.
KARL BAIPAKOV, HEAD OF CULTURAL RAPPROCHEMENT CENTER:
- There are cultural monuments, a depository of manuscripts, this is a place of development of medicine, center of agriculture and horticulture. So this monument we are studying gives an idea about Buddhism
The sacral map may include the natural monuments of Ashutas and Kiinkerish. They are the witnesses of the 40 million years history of the Earth.
SERGEI STARIKOV, STAFF, REGIONAL LOCAL HISTORY MUSEUM:
- We can trace back how the life was changing on the territory of our region and on the whole planet, because everything was connected; in Ashutas mountains, there are 45 species of animals and plants that don’t exist anywhere in the world.
The republican map of sacred places includes 10 sacral objects of the Akmola region, another 36 objects entered the regional map. But this list will grow. According to the assumptions of the residents of Uryupinka village of the Akkol district, Kazy Batyr and about 20 of his soldiers were buried near the village. Historians say that the legendary warrior fell in battle with the Zhungars, defending this region.
KUANYSH SHAKSHAKOV, DIRECTOR, REGIONAL CENTER FOR PROTECTION OF HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL HERITAGE:
- There are a lot of similar places in Akmola region. Previously, they didn’t draw much attention. Yesterday, residents of Zhaksy district also asked us to include the burial of batyr and biy in the list of sacred objects, of course everything will be examined, the materials will be collected and then they will enter the sacral map in the future.
A list of historical places will be replenished with new objects in Atyrau region. The "Sacral Map of Kazakhstan" will include Iman-kara, a monument of the Sarmatian epoch, with very interesting "moustached" mounds and a network of caves. They will also add a salt lake to the map, which is very popular among locals. There are a lot of legends about this place, Inclusion of "Aral tobe", where the Golden Man was found, is under discussion.
BERIK ABDYGALIULY, HEAD OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH CENTER ‘SACRAL KAZAKHSTAN’:
- Not only the 19th century and the Middle Ages history is important, but also the history of ancient times. The main task for us is not to list a set of monuments, but promote spiritual values, integrity of our history from ancient to modern times.
Tourists from around the world will be able to see the unique archaeological and sacred monuments of the republic, and learn more about the historical heritage of the Kazakh people. Objects listed in the sacral map of Kazakhstan will be included in new tourist routes.