“In the World of Information Technologies”
An international competition “In the World of Information Technologies” is launched to mark the 20th anniversary of Astana. British and Kazakh students are competing for the title of the best web-developer, computer graphics designer and animation designer. The works of the British contestants will be evaluated in Astana, and the works of the Kazakh students will be assessed in the United Kingdom. The objective of the event is to discover the young people’s skills in information technologies and create conditions for the application of their intellectual and creative capabilities.
KEITH COWELL, JUDGE, UK:
- Some of the entrants are very young, some of them aged 11-12. It brings the young people together from both the UK and Kazakhstan because they get to see each other’s work.
MATT MORTEN, JUDGE, UK:
- The entries I saw were extremely good. I was torn between three or four people to award first prize to. And it took quite a while to decide who should be the appropriate person. The Kazakh students in Astana are very proud of their city.
The future IT specialists presented their works in various nominations such as Night city, Native land, Seasons, My Future Profession and others. The criteria for the selection of best works include creativity, depth of idea, quality and complexity of the techniques.
WALTER MASKURA, STUDENT, CITY OF WESTMINSTER COLLEGE:
- Mainly within the IT department, we design websites, we use a range of different coding languages. But it’s quite interesting, it inspires the creative side if you get what I mean.
JORDAN BUSHER, STUDENT, CITY OF WESTMINSTER COLLEGE:
- I suddenly became interested in the concept so I just decided to join. At least I give it a try. If I win then it is something good to be put on a CV or something that looks good to progress into university.
NAYAM RAHMAN-LEWIS, STUDENT, CITY OF WESTMINSTER COLLEGE:
- I would like to win very much and it is going to be a lot of competition. Hopefully, I would win. It seems quite good. I am quite competitive too.
As a result of the competition, the best developer or development team will be identified. The instructors and the winners will be awarded with international diplomas and certificates.