ASTANA EXPO 2017
Expo 2017 road show reached London. Britons learnt about the upcoming specialized exhibition that will be held in Astana. The interactive platform unfolded right at the center of London next to the Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and the Parliament. The visitors were provided with extensive information about Kazakhstan, its capital city and the large international event.
London remains the most attractive tourist destination. Therefore, there were a large number of visitors at the road show presentation.
MARIA LOUISA, TOURIST FROM SWITZERLAND:
- Not yet but I would like to go and after having seen this opportunity I will go.
MARKO OYSNEK, TOURIST FROM GERMANY:
- We were by the Big Ben and we saw this place. So I think this program we have seen on the television was very impressive.
MARKUS REGOHO, TOURIST FROM PORTUGAL:
- All these ecologic and all the complexes made for that I think it’s very good for the country.
Commissioners of British pavilion at Expo 2017 were among the road show visitors.
SARA EVERETT, DEPUTY UK PAVILION COMMISSIONER AT EXPO 2017:
- This is a wonderful demonstration and opportunity to learn about Kazakhstan. The videos were truly incredible, a 3D experience was fantastic and I would recommend it.
Expo 2017 traveling pavilion has visited a number of European cities in Spain, Italy, Switzerland and France. However, Great Britain is a historically important destination.
FLORIAN BEREND, COORDINATOR, EXPO-CARAVAN PROJECT:
- For us, it is a big honor to be in London actually. London is one important city for all the Expos since it is considered to be the birth of expo the world fairs when in 1851.
Netherlands is the next destination of Expo Caravan that will finish its trip in Finland. The main idea of the Euro tour is to attract potential visitors and let them know that Kazakhstan is worth visiting not only because it is hosting the international exhibition but also because it has rich culture and picturesque places.