EXPO 2017: GEORGIA NATIONAL DAY
National Day of Georgia was marked as part of Astana EXPO 2017. Astana residents and visitors enjoyed the performance of famous Georgian artists.
TAMARA GVERDTSITELI, PEOPLE'S ARTIST OF GEORGIA:
- Kazakhstan is associated with prosperity. It surprises me every time I visit. This is an amazing country. The country is its people first of all, and Kazakh people are wonderful. There was a wedding in Almaty and I remember that we performed a Kazakh wedding song with everyone. The bride was from Georgia, the groom was Kazakh. It was beautiful.
Georgia brought its developments in the sphere of renewable sources of energy. 26 rivers flowing on the Georgian territory let the country to generate the clean energy. Georgian delegation will create an investment platform on the basis of its pavilion within three months.
ILIA ELOSHVILI, ENERGY VICE MINISTER, GEORGIA:
- We will bring all our companies that are looking for investments. We want to attract investments in our wind and hydroelectric power stations and solar energy. We have extensive experience of cooperation with Kazakhstan. Kazakh investors have already financed hundreds millions of dollars in Georgia. At present, we are trying to attract them into our energy sector.
Famous Georgian wine is also presented, a special mobile application lets visitors identify the sort of wine they will like. Performance of Men’s Choir received a standing ovation on Georgian National Day.
- We arrived from Aktau yesterday. We have visited many pavilions, including Nur Alem. We liked everything. It is a beautiful exhibition.
- Everyone in our country tells about Kazakhstan. Our friends visited once. This time we came ourselves and saw how welcoming your people are.
- We like the EXPO. It is organized very well. We are happy to see that Kazakhstan is holding such a fabulous exhibition, that we have an opportunity to see new technologies.