French businessmen are ready to invest in tourism industry of Kazakhstan
Another branch of the Kazakh economy is becoming attractive for foreign investors. French businessmen are ready to invest in tourism industry. Entrepreneurs intend to develop tourism in the ski resorts of Almaty region. According to them, active winter recreation is at a peak of popularity in the world. In addition, French companies are planning to share their wine making experience and technologies with Kazakhstani colleagues, not only from grapes, but also from apples. This is one of the reasons why it is planned to revive "aport", the legendary apple cultivar.
PHILIPPE MARTINE, FRENCH AMBASSADOR TO KAZAKHSTAN:
- Companies can bring architects, designers who can help to build resorts in order to develop tourism more effectively.
Kostanay region is focused on the development of trophy hunting. Experts say that the tourism industry development will facilitate the process. Local travel agencies have developed a one week tour worth 3,000 euros.
ANATOLY KOVALENKO, CHAIRMAN, REGIONAL SOCIETY OF HUNTERS AND FISHERS:
- Members of the Hunters’ Society share their impressions with each other. Kostanay region is taking its turn now. We could receive even more
One of the regular visitors of the Nauryz resort is German photographer Thorsten Preul
THORSTEN PREUL, GERMAN PHOTOGRAPHER, RESEARCHER:
- The nature is untouched here. Its beauty attracts true nature enthusiasts. This place is good not only for hunting but also for scientific research
Kostanay region attracts foreign tourists, mainly Europeans, who love hunting and adrenaline rush. Almost 12,000 foreigners visited the region in nine months.
DARYA LUKYANOVA, SPOKESPERSON, REGIONAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT:
- This is a very promising direction for our industry. Our region was selected to implement a pilot project, therefore, I think, the state will provide much support at the governmental level; that is, some investment subsidies will be allocated. The program will be developed. Therefore, we hope that there will be even more tourists.
The Kostanay tour package is already advertised to hunters from Russia, Austria and Egypt. Kostanay travel companies hope for conquering the market of Arabic countries.
GULMIRA KAPENOVA, TOURISM AGENCY HEAD:
- Our advantage when entering the market of, let’s say, the Middle East, Central Asia, and even the neighboring Russian regions, is that we share same mentality with them rather than other countries that can offer a similar product. We are on the same continent with them. Flights will take less time.
The implementation of tourism development program is scheduled for next year.