TRANSPORT AND LOGISTIC OPPORTUNITIES
Modern high-speed roads and railways, two seaports, numerous transport and logistics centers, new air routes - all these are the result of Nurly Zhol state program. 484 billion tenge is allocated for its further implementation this year. The funds are allocated to completely different spheres. Construction and reconstruction of highways is underway. It is planned to construct more than 4,000 kilometers of highways within 22 projects.
ZHENIS KASSYMBEK, KAZAKH MINISTER OF INVESTMENTS AND DEVELOPMENT:
- At the end of the year, we are planning to construct the 230 km of four-lane highway in Astana-Pavlodar section, and also complete the last 36 km in the Semey-Kalbatau section. We are planning to complete the project in 2018.
The second track on the Almaty-Shu railroad section will be opened by the end of the year. This will increase the output to 130 million tonnes of cargo per year.
Focusing on transit cargo transportation, Kazakhstan will start the second stage of Kuryk port construction.
ROMAN SKLYAR, KAZAKH VICE MINISTER OF INVESTMENTS AND DEVELOPMENT:
- The ferry complex’s cargo capacity is six million tonnes. Its location provides for transshipment opportunity, including dangerous cargo. We expect that the ferry’s capacity will be used by 90% by 2020.
Transport infrastructure is being developed across Kazakhstan. "Western Europe - Western China" corridor is in operation. It is connected with "Khorgos - Eastern Gate" special economic zone. Construction of a dry port and infrastructure is completed there. The transit freight turnover is growing. It is planned to increase sea gate’s capacity to 26 million tonnes by 2020.
IGOR MAKARCHUK, DRIVER:
- The highway became much better. We deliver goods faster now. Previously it used to take 15 and more days. Now it is twice faster. Many new cafes opened along the road. It is real pleasure to drive along this road.
The multiplier effect of the development of the industry is obvious: 40 asphalt-concrete plants were opened in the Aral Sea region alone during the construction of this international highway. Dozens of service complexes have been launched.
EVGENY KIM, DEPUTY GOVERNOR, KYZYLORDA REGION:
- The highway construction boosted the development of roadside service and transport and logistics centers. The total investment volume amounted to more than 9 billion.
BAKHTIYAR ZHAMBYL, SENIOR STAFF, ROADS COMMITTEE, KAZAKH MINISTRY OF INVESTMENTS AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Before the construction, the output was 13 million tonnes of cargo per year. By 2020, when the project is completed, we are planning to increase it twofold to 33 million tonnes per year.
Unlocking its transport potential, Kazakhstan develops the industry and also receives an opportunity to make money on international road haulage. In fact, Kazakhstan is entering global transit cargo traffic. By 2020, Kazakhstan intends to receive up to five billion dollars of profit per year.