Business ties between Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan
Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan are developing business ties. The countries are actively interacting in areas like mechanical engineering, metallurgy, food and agriculture. Now the states are ready to further cooperate. Tashkent hosted the talks between the Kazakh and Uzbek businessmen. The entrepreneurs have agreed to create joint ventures which should form the basis of long-term cooperation.
ALI SADYKHOV, DIRECTOR OF PLANT:
- Our company is very interested in the market because the population is estimated at 32-35 million people.
YELENA FOMINA, EXPORT DIRECTOR:
- This year, we are considering to supply a certain list of products.
For the first time, businessmen have discussed the supply of uniforms as well as the special equipment for military and law enforcement agencies in Uzbekistan. The Kazakh and Uzbek entrepreneurs offered a long list of goods. They intend to develop new industries, including pharmaceuticals, cotton business, grain processing and even new opportunities in space.
ADKHAM IKRAMOV, CHAIRMAN, CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY OF UZBEKISTAN:
- Today Uzbekistan has 206 enterprises partly financed by Kazakhstan’s capital. In turn, Kazakhstan has 151 operating enterprises established by residents of Uzbekistan. Our countries have the significant capital for the implementation of joint projects.
The businessmen say that these projects go beyond the trade. Now the foundation of long-term investment cooperation is being established. The Kazakh and Uzbek entrepreneurs plan to enter the markets of third countries.
YERIK UTEMBAYEV, KAZAKH AMBASSADOR TO UZBEKISTAN:
- Opportunities in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan allow us to become the market of the Eurasian continent. The most important aspect is to enter the new markets, including the markets of Afghanistan and India. Uzbeks offer to work jointly.
The Kazakh entrepreneurs presented ten special economic zones at the forum. According to the national company Kazakh Invest, this is a good platform to entering the markets of the Eurasian Economic Union. Kazakhstan has reduced excises and customs duties for a number of domestic producers in Uzbekistan.
ASKAR ARYNOV, MANAGING DIRECTOR, KAZAKH INVEST:
- Trade turnover between Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan and climate in both countries are very good to further develop our trade and economic relations and fulfill the goal set by the presidents of two states which is to achieve US$5 billion of trade turnover.
According to the outcomes of the talks, the businessmen signed the export contracts worth US$18 million. The first supply of products will begin next month.